25th May 2018, the GDPR deadline day is past – what does this mean for your business, organisation, charity or club?
Put very simply, it means that any company who holds personal data now needs to be fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The aim of the regulation is to give individuals more rights over their data and restrict how companies use this private information. So what does that mean in practical terms? If your company is holding personal data, here are some questions you need to answer.
Are you certain that the personal data your business or organisation holds is safe?
Are your server and devices secure?
Where is the data held? Is it on a device that could be lost or stolen?
If you are unsure of the answer to any of these questions then it is probably time you had a data health check. It’s not the most exciting of topics for many, but it has just got more important than ever to take personal data protection seriously.
This is where MCC can help. We pride ourselves in not just being an IT company – we care and cater for every need of every client. That includes helping you with your responsibilities regarding GDPR and data protection in general. So you can we help?
Well, here are some of the practical steps you should consider and we can assist you implementing to improve your company’s data security:
- User Login & Secure Password Implementation & Policy
- Proper Internet Security Software Deployed, Monitored & Reviewed on all Systems and Devices
- Encryption of Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Securing and Encrypting Portable Media (Memory Sticks, CD/DVD, Portable Hard Drives etc.
- Mail Filter, Digital ID and Mail Encryption for your Emails
- On-Site and Off-Site Backup Security, Procedures & Policy
- Access and Security of Data Stored on Local Devices, Server Network and Cloud Based
Are you unsure if your business or organisation is fully compliant with GDPR? Not sure if the personal data you are storing is safe? Don’t take the risk – talk to the people who know. We have many years’ experience in data protection, something which has always been very important to us, not just because of this new regulation.
Take the first step, phone 028 2563 8888 and ask for Philip or Gordon. Let MCC take the stress and uncertainty of GDPR and data protection away from you.